Aquent's Client is looking for a UX Designer to help drive and lead critical user experiences for the company's loyalty rewards program with a goal of building a stronger relationship with our users.
This is a temporary, 12-month position to contribute to an important strategic roadmap.
- Help define the end-to-end experience and user interfaces for features to increase user engagement, drive program adoption, and improve program effectiveness of the company's loyalty program.
- Create detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate closely with product, engineering, business, and marketing teams to define, execute, and launch features that maximize end user, developer, business value, and impact.
- Work with research teams to validate concepts, and execute iterations on learnings
- Inspire creativity and partner with illustration and motion designers to deliver fun, delightful, and engaging experiences for our users
- Take input, requirements, and feedback from multiple stakeholders across different cross-functional organizations.
- Participate in regular design reviews with a strong ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale effectively.
- Develop/apply general visual styles and interaction patterns, consistent with company standards, and the brand and communicate that into detailed specs for engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interactions (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Strong core interaction and visual design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design process
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as well as ability to work within technical and non-technical stakeholders
- MA/MS in Design or a related field
- Experience designing for and leading user facing products from concept to launch
- Detail-oriented and a strong sense and understanding of visual design
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage and execute on multiple projects at different stages of the design and implementation process
- Prototyping skills
- Highly collaborative with other designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, and marketing.
- Familiarity with Google Material design