AQUENT is partnered with a well-known organization in Hartford, CT on an Account Executive to help support and grow the value we deliver to our clients. Are you a person whose love of problem solving is only exceeded by your love of connecting with clients and building super strong relationships? Can you formulate rock solid marketing and messaging strategies, while keeping a boatload of tactical work on course, on time and on budget? This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work.
Based in Hartford, Connecticut, as Account Executive, you’ll be a member of the Creative Services team, the in-house group of creative professionals delivering strategic, creative and effective marketing communications to business units at this company. At the heart of your mission is managing the relationship with internal clients. You’ll deliver exceptional service, deliver thoughtful insights to creative team members, while serving as catalyst for implementing and achieving the client’s tactical marketing programs. Work alongside business unit marketing leaders, creative experts, marketing colleagues and communications pros to shape and implement marketing communications initiatives to drive desired behaviors.
The Account Executive is responsible for creating authentic and strategic partnerships with our clients, building marketing solutions that grow their business. Through regular, proactive, value–added communication and day to day tasks while working in alignment with creative teams, the Account Executive ensures clients receive the best creative product possible while meeting client business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering flawless client service by maintaining strong relationships with key decision makers and providing solutions that meet desired outcomes
- Participating and contributing to the account planning process for assigned clients, includes projects and allocations
- Being an emergent thought leader: providing recommendations to the client, assisting them with business decisions, having a forward-thinking mindset to move their business forward
- Maintaining client relationships beyond specific projects; create opportunities for deeper collaboration and interaction – become a true partner to client
- Developing or participating in client presentations as appropriate
- Developing creative briefs and timelines
- Keeping abreast of and influencing key project lifecycle deliverables; understands all disciplines enough to provide direction to project deliverables and a point of view on best practices and solutions across disciplines
- Proactively managing client expectations and internal efficiencies to cultivate client growth for projects
- Managing and representing client expectations, needs, goals and progress across internal creative teams throughout project life cycle deliverables and beyond to achieve desired outcomes and client satisfaction
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise and provide guidance to business partners on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that all deliverables meet brand standards
- Contribute to the traffic process to ensure projects are moving through the department efficiently and in a timely manner, work with the traffic manager to triage projects as appropriate
What should you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in a marketing environment
- Driven and motivated
- Great client management and interpersonal skills
- High energy and well organized
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast paced, results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder, collaborator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong client needs assessment ability
- Knowledge of latest industry, advertising and marketing trends
- Strong understanding of the marketing and communications project life cycle