Licensing Specialist (Japanese or Korean)
This assignment at our great Silicon Valley client's requires someone to beresponsible for maintaining industry relationships and for securing rights clearances in connection with the marketing of applications, and other third party content for the Japanese or Korean regions (1 role open for each). This content is used in global / marketing communications including on an online store and in direct marketing, social media, PR and events.
In this role, you will have a highly collaborative attitude and keep communication flowing efficiently to ensure rights are secured and processes are being followed with regards to licensing, production, legal clearance, etc. You will liaise with Marketing and Design teams as well as producer and editorial teams to understand what the deliverables are, and how the content will be used in each story/deliverable, in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights. You will work closely with other teams, including Business Affairs, as well as local teams and developer liaisons to secure appropriate content. You will also work closely, when necessary, with Legal in researching trademark and legal issues, and providing the business context for contract negotiations.
• You are fluent speaking reading, writing both Korean (or Japanese) and English
• You have a minimum five years of relevant experience in the advertising, entertainment, or other content focused industry and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• You have a deep knowledge and understanding of Mac technology (iPhone, iPad, apps, Mac, etc.)
• You have expertise in identifying potential legal issues and marketing sensitivities in Japan or Korea.
• You have proven strong communication skills and a calm approach
• You are a team player willing to work with staff at all levels
• You posses excellent problem-solving skills and pragmatic legal judgment
• You posses a high degree of flexibility and availability to travel as needed
• You will be working with third party entities to secure consent and clear rights when necessary
• You will work to monitor and ensure compliance with procedures and policies with all third party rights cleared, including photos and publishing
• You will facilitate internal communication between teams so projects are moving forward (flag local legal issues, content constraints, timing, etc.)
• You will maintain communication with team leads to make sure information is flowing properly, action items are clear, and issues are escalated at the right time and to the right people
• You will help to educate teams on legal and third party content issues to ensure teams are working with appropriate content
• You will help to maintain business affairs process deck, releases, and trackers for all projects
Bachelors Degree required. Paralegal certificate or a JD is a plus