***Relocation assistance may be available***
Our client is looking for a Sr UX Interaction Designer. This is an on-site 12-months assignment (potential to extend) with benefits - Medical Dental and 401K.
User Experience and Design is responsible for software design across mobile, web and desktop platforms. You would join a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, prototypers and researchers. Work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users. Business is driven by looking through our clients’ eyes, which makes it a great place to practice user-centered design. Purpose is designing tools and experiences that enable users to achieve their financial goals.
The team is responsible for:
• Facilitate collaborative design sessions including sketching and ideation.
• Lead design reviews and drive decisions.
• Effectively “sell” design solutions to partners through design storytelling and by demonstrating trace-ability in the design thinking.
• Represent the design team brand and deliver a consistent design process to partners.
• Understand great designs are achieved iteratively.
• Visualize ideas in a clear form (sketch, diagram, wireframe or prototype) and provide appropriate level documentation.
• Set expectations with the project team and prioritize activities.
• Create and maintain design schedules.
• Communicate status and agreements with project team.
• Review work with UX managers, keep them updated on project status and escalate items appropriately.
Design Expertise and Execution
• Maintain the high standards set by the group.
• Conduct the primary design activities, create deliverables and conduct QA at an expert level.
• Participate and support research efforts.
• Commit to improving our process and methods with an emphasis on both effectiveness and efficiency.
Teamwork, Collaboration and Engagement
• Work well with all partners to deliver work.
• Support UX team members.
• Strategically listen to feedback and help guide the delivery
• Collaborative and cooperative.
• Has a design position but is not rigidly fixed when presented with new information.
• Passionate about team, our mission and the needs of our partners and users.
• Enthusiastic about UX design.
Empathy & Curiosity
• Understand user needs, walking in their shoes when possible.
• Focus on innovation and improvement.
• Regularly learns more about design theory, practice and tools.
Why your work matters:
• You will support an engaged set of users who rely on our products to manage their financial lives
• By researching and understanding the user needs you will be able to impact how our users do business.
• You will learn how balance functionality against complexity on a highly visible platform which serves millions of advisors and retail customers.
• You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment.
What you have:
• 8 + years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
• 1+ year of interaction design experience for touch-based mobile interfaces is a plus
• An online portfolio demonstrating interaction design process and thinking
• Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
• Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
• Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners
• Capable of creating and managing your design project schedules
• Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
• Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
• Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
• Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.