- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
- Own the localisation of UI text and messaging into ensuring a high quality and compliant localized experience,
- Determine the terminology and linguistic style for the company in these languages.
- Perform localization tasks and collaborate with external translation vendors to consistently raise bar on localization quality.
- Handle linguistic QA testing across all compatible devices on-device and work with QA managers to fix issues.
- Use Site and 3P tools to perform the localization work.
- Extensive experience in text localization into both Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese, ideally for technical and/or digital products
- Native speaker, and with excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Proven experience in localizing products and features and excellent editor skills, especially when it comes to technically complex topics
- Experience with localization QA testing as well as triaging issues
- Sound knowledge with Microsoft Office applications as well as Content Management Systems and other localization tools
- Outstanding communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Quick learner with hands-on mentality
Our client is world-renowned e-commerce and cloud computing company considered by many to be the world’s most customer-centric organization. Based in Seattle, our client is known for having small, agile, and innovative teams made up of members who think big, are always curious, and have a strong bias for action, and high standards.
They are an equal opportunity employer that prioritizes diversity, and equality, and encourages all employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work each and every day. Their top priority is understanding how their customer is evolving and they remain diligent in providing convenience, affordable products, and unrivaled customer service.
Many offices are located in the heart of Downtown Seattle/South Lake Union and are well-known for being dog-friendly!