This is an on-going, freelance product copywriter opportunity with a potential to convert!
The Editorial Product Page team is looking for an individual to write product page content for eCommerce and contribute to other writing projects, especially during the busy months leading up to the holidays. The product team is responsible for making sure that products launch with descriptions that are accurate and on time. We work hand in hand with the dotcom merchandising to support all promotions and initiatives and to maintain and grow the online business. The copy team also works with product producers, photo, and dotcom merchandising to enable weekly launches of new product and periodic updates to existing product. We maintain a distinctive voice on the product pages and also partner with various teams on projects and marketing campaigns.
• Write content for new product pages:
1. Adapt brand copy to the voice and style.
2. Edit and proof for spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as adherence to the product page format.
3. Work quickly and manage time well to ensure that weekly pages launch on time.
4. Communicate efficiently across teams via email and database tools to coordinate copy with the overall product launch process.
5. Be thorough, detail-oriented, and work proactively to improve our process.
• Work with cross-functional teams for copy updates:
1. Utilize third-party tools and Microsoft Office.
2. Create and execute banner copy as needed.
3. QA existing copy and make individual updates as requested by cross-functional partners or brands.
• Other projects:
1. Write occasional editorial marketing copy if needed.
2. Proof documents and pages as requested by various teams.
3. Write brand boutique pages based on provided copy briefs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience (3 years) writing for a digital retail business or agency.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to take the unexpected in stride.
• Team-player attitude that thrives on influencing a team of peers and leaders.
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel). Familiarity with HTML is also a plus.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, responsible, and self-motivated.
• Experience with Smarthseet, ATG, or other database/product management software is helpful.