- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tammie Letroise-Brown
The Research Programs Team implements global operational systems, connects teams and knowledge, and problem solves operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work. This particular Research Project Manager role will be a contract role, managing multiple cross-functional, high-priority projects. You'll work closely with researchers, directors, and a multitude of additional stakeholders to execute and deliver on projects, ensuring the highest quality work is being conducted. The ideal candidate is able to facilitate our teams' best work by creatively and independently driving tasks to completion - managing timelines, anticipating project issues and resolving them, connecting resources to research needs, and removing barriers in a thoughtful and efficient manner.
Our team is comprised of experts in problem solving and multitasking, and you should have proven experience in both of those key areas. In this role, you'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills that help our talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level.
This role requires proven project management experience and broad knowledge of UX research and its impact on product design and development. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to craft a narrative and influence others to adopt it are key to success in this role. The ability to creatively manage complex logistics and a highly organized approach are mandatory. This is a full-time contract position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Drive and execute on internal projects and initiatives for Central Product Services teams, at the request of research leadership;
- Move initiatives forward, find resources, raise concerns to appropriate owners early and resolve open issues that prevent progress. Hold the line when the schedule or scope is in jeopardy while maintaining respectful relationships;
- Drive the project planning of leadership research trips, accounting for all necessary logistics and providing the type of hands-on support required to successfully execute high-visibility events;
- Own all logistics, coordination, and facilitation for regular team meetings;
- Document and present written summaries of various research initiatives impacting researchers and leadership
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles and prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions;
- Proactively raise issues for the team before they become a problem;
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link for all stakeholders and teams;
- Develop and track project plans, metrics of success, and communication plans for all initiatives;
- Conduct all work in a professional and courteous manner, and positively represent the company at all times.
- 7+ years of relevant or related Program or Project Management experience
- Expect to travel regularly for work
- BA/BS degree
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills with a proven ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- General knowledge of research and/or UX design is preferred
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results to leadership in a highly organized manner
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do