- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Scott Toohill
The role is open to applicants willing to work from either NYC or San Francisco and will report to the Communications Lead, but work closely alongside the North America Product and Consumer Communications team, who are responsible for telling the full company story in this region.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists and bloggers. Your main focus will be to proactively write and pitch weekly stories to help spread word of mouth for this particular project, interviewing internal stakeholders within the business to help extract angles to help tell their story. We’re looking for a passionate, articulate, and savvy communicator who can work under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Secure regular coverage in English-speaking blogs and niche trade outlets for different categories of the project
- Develop a blogger outreach strategy for the project
- Help coordinate a busy US press office
- Draft PR materials - press releases, pitches, Q&As, newsroom posts, etc.
- Collaborate closely with the PR agency and internal press team to coordinate stories and information-share
- Source interesting and newsworthy storylines and pitch to media
- Liaise with our host community about media opportunities
- Support on press events and trips
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3+ years PR experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- An international outlook and passion for travel
- Ability to travel
Founded in 2008, this company represents a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. This website and app uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. The accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals, while a partnership app provides access to the best local restaurants in selected countries. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, they work hard, they laugh a lot, they brainstorm nonstop, they use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and they give the best high-fives in town.
Working here will give you the opportunity to:
- Create: They build the best experience for their community - as a team.
- Learn: They look inside and outside for inspiration and learning.
- Play: Life is what happens when you're busy working. They make sure to enjoy it.