About This Role:
Interesting fact about our Fortune 500 investment client – in 2005, this Boston, MA based firm targeted customers by marketing a compilation of songs by Paul McCartney - the firm’s first spokesperson in a campaign entitled "This Is Paul." On the day of the disc's release, company employees were treated to a special recorded message by Paul himself informing them that they have a lot in common and urging them to "never stop doing what you love:” What a Great Motto!
As a long term freelance Web Developer/Front End Developer, you will work 40 hours onsite, 12 months, in Merrimack, NH about 1 hour outside of Boston, MA. Healthcare Benefits, FlexSpend, 401k.
What You Will Do:
- In this highly visible role, you will develop and deliver new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Understand, analyze and make recommendations regarding technical challenges, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide application support, problem diagnosis, maintenance and technical guidance
What You Need:
- 2-4 years of experience developing web sites
- Proficient in cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them, proficient in code versioning tools, such as SVN, GIT etc.
- You are great at problem solving, delivering on aggressive schedules, and working on multiple projects simultaneously in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of web standards, information architecture, usability, and taxonomy
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com