The advisor of eCommerce/Onsite Search Initiatives will join a growing team of strategists responsible for creating a best-in-class experience for customers shopping. You will be responsible for managing and executing strategies that optimize recall/relevancy experiences, as well as developing and managing in-depth analytics reports that guide our overall search roadmap.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Search Initiatives, you will be a critical enabler of the onsite search business by driving incremental revenue and higher add-to-basket rates through enhanced onsite search and navigation experiences, ensuring customers can easily find the products they are interested in.
This role is perfect for you if you are passionate about using directional-data to drive robust and meaningful actions that propel the website as a leader in eCommerce.
• Serve as the expert in the search function and work collaboratively with developers, merchandising, data teams, and product owners to implement search and navigation functionality
• Execute strategies that will reduce null search results, reduce exit rates, and increase conversion rates
• Perform customer behavior analysis, update search interfaces, and employ methodology for making search tuning changes to create a rich environment for the customer
• Establish benchmarking and goals for success by product/category initiatives
• Use 3rd party tools to analyze and optimize customer search experience on multiple sites
• Work with analytic, usability and IT teams to develop and execute testing roadmap
• Use research and analysis to set proper relevancy rankings, create redirects, thesaurus entries, keywords, and optimal experience for better search results
• Develop and maintain reports to measure effectiveness of search strategy, and to communicate results to senior management team
This Role Is Right For You If You Have:
• Proactive and self-motivated work style
• 4+ years in onsite search for ecommerce brands
• 2+ years in product experience
• Experience managing large sets of data
• Strong familiarity with user experience design, SEO, and search analytics - Adobe Analytics preferred
• Experience pulling and creating analytic reports focused on onsite search data e.g. Add-to-basket rates, bounce rates, engagement, etc.
• Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Superior verbal and written communications skills
• High sense of urgency and commitment to task with a strong sense of accountability
• Proven organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team
• Added bonus if you have if you have experience in broader search disciplines such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), voice optimization, mobile optimization, etc.