Exciting Communications Manager Opportunity for Dynamic Enterprise Software Company in Chicago area
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing content programs that effectively promote the company's leading market position, engage customer and prospects, and build brand recognition. This role is hands on copywriter and will supervise a growing team of copywriters and be accountable for managing the planning, creation and execution of content initiatives across industries and lines of business. This position will be also responsible for specific vertical industries and work with cross-functional team members to support business growth and objectives. Ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, adept at multitasking and looking for a collaborative team focused on results as well as growth.
- Recommend and oversee the development, delivery and quality of all marketing materials and content, including sales and services presentations, eBooks and other thought leadership, feature sheets, case studies, infographics, and video.
- Manage a team of copywriters with specific industry priorities and ensure adherence to writing and brand standards.
- Own a specific set of vertical industries, create content and related deliverables.
- Ensure accurate messaging and positioning around a portfolio of products and services across a range of industries and deployment options.
- Develop clear value propositions and superior competitive positioning.
- Create and manage communication programs that raise awareness, facilitate business development and support business goals.
- Support corporate communication efforts as needed, including company-wide town hall meetings and newsletters.
- 5-10 years of B2B marketing and communications experience required
- Experience in the software industry preferred
- Prior experience managing a team and developing personnel
- Must possess excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing field
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and business communications, and content development