- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join their Digital Team on a consulting basis to work full-time, onsite. This Consultant will bring a collaborative approach to UX/UI design and play a key role in creating and evolving digital experiences.
- Work closely with product owners, SMEs, content writers, SEO/SEM strategists, data analytics and IT development teams to understand what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on improving the user experience across the digital properties and services you will be designing for
- Ensure all deliverables conform to company’s Digital Experience Standards
- Translate requirements and insights into user journeys, screen flows, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes
- Work closely with the research team that will test and validate designs iteratively throughout the design process
- Confidently present your designs relaying the user journey and research insights that informed your design to stakeholders
- Shepherd designs through development and QA testing process to ensure the best user experience outcomes
- Comfortable supporting both agile and waterfall development processes; must be comfortable navigating enterprise technology development platforms and methodologies
- Work quickly and independently while also collaborating and maintaining good communication with project team members
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired candidates will bring: