Job Title: Apparel Graphic Designer - Intermediate (children's wear)
AQUENT is working with one of our COOLEST clients to help them hire an Apparel Designer (children's wear) for their team in San Francisco, CA! This Designer must have experience creating apparel graphics (not CAD patterns), must work in Illustrator & Photoshop, must have an understanding of the GIRLS APPAREL market (ie..difference in aesthetic between Toddler Girl and Big Girl), hand drawing skills are important and a knowledge of typography. This person will execute Apparel Graphic designs based on direction / references provided by the Director of Graphics, create linesheets and update croquis to assist design team, update printouts and boards for presentations to leadership, spec final graphic files to upload to PLM, research marketplace for new design content ideas
RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop on-brand graphics and copy both independently and at the direction of Design leadership.
• Utilize library of in-house embellishments, in partnership with internal and external partners.
• Partner with the Legal Department to ensure that graphics/designs are not trademarked and can be utilized by the Company.
• Produce mechanical art and complex graphic design (illustrations, icons, and typography) through interpretation of design ideas.
• Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in both the apparel graphics market & graphic design.
• Develop, enhance and reference library in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups.
• Builds consensus with design and merchandising business partners towards developing appropriate solutions.
• Acts as a technical resource for the department and provides in depth expert knowledge to graphics employees.
• Works primarily independently and handles issues of high complexity.
College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
Minimum 2+ years design experience.
Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PLM and Microsoft Excel.
Ability to hand sketch.
Strong design and conceptual skills.
Strong sense of trend, style and color.
Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.