- Boise, ID
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Agata Kijanka
This is a partially remote contract with our client, a local automated data aggregation and reporting firm specializing in accounting and investment portfolios. The main focus of the role is documentation pertinent to SOC 1 audits, but will include other documentation as well. This role requires someone who is comfortable being client-facing and is also able to work independently. We are looking for folks who have experience in at least one of these areas: accounting, technical features and functionality, and business/HR processes and procedures.
The Technical Writer will assist in writing, editing, and validating business and/or technical documents, which may include: reports, SOP’s and other business policy and standards documentation, system specifications, system features and functionality, guidelines, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements. Final documents will need to meet strict industry regulations.
This role will last through May or June of 2019 and there is potential for future work with Aquent Studios if the candidates’ background fits our other areas of business.
- Work on complex content development and improvement projects that require exceptional writing, troubleshooting, collaboration, and work management skills—often with minimal supervision
- Help create a scale-able set of business and/or technical docs which can be repurposed as needed
- Possible need for research and gathering of technical and background information for inclusion in deliverables. This may mean consulting relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations which govern project deliverables
- Interview internal client’s business managers regularly to gather information needed for documentation
- Experience with MS Word is required and experience with Visio is a plus
- Ideally, writer will have experience with audits as well as the investment or accounting industry (an MBA may suffice if these are lacking)
- Must have documentation experience in at least one of the following areas: Business process (change management, risk mitigation, on-boarding, HR. etc.), Info Security, and/or Tech (features and functionality)
- Prior experience with SSAE 16 or 14 reports in the past would be ideal
- Experience in Agile environment is a plus
- Able to grasp new information quickly
- Able to maintain detailed knowledge of relevant style guides
- Proactively contribute to project status and timeline reports, and work scope or process changes
- Take ownership of all interim and final deliveries, such as making sure deliverables conform to set standards
- Use collaborative skills in a virtual and in-office writing team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
Aquent Studios provides custom-tailored consulting and outsourcing solutions. Our team of consultants, project managers, and creative professionals brings decades of experience to help our clients expand their capacity in marketing communications, content development, and creative media. Aquent Studios is a division of Aquent, which is the world’s largest marketing staffing firm. Aquent is privately held and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. www.aquentstudios.com