- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Meghan Healy
Our Leading Apparel Client is looking for a Senior Apparel Designer!
• Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for women’s sweaters
• Responsible for product design process to include market research, conceptual presentations, design and guidance through fabric, print, spec and fit processes.
• Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
• Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
• Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts.
• Presents design ideas and products to cross functional partners
• Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
• Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
• Responsible for fabric and trim selection.
• Creates and updates tech sketches and BOMs
• Works with technical designer and production partner and CAD team to ensure design integrity, and that design packages are complete and accurate.
• Partner with merchandising to assort line and develop product appropriate for business needs.
• College degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
• Minimum 4 years design experience.
• Strong computer knowledge including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PLM and Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to hand sketch.
• Strong design and conceptual skills.
• Strong sense of trend, style and color.
• Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
• Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills.
• Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.