Front End Web Developer
Required Skills and Experience
Project Management and Customer Relations Skills
● Proven ability to plan, develop and design websites from inception to completion utilizing appropriate tools and methodologies.
● Ability to consult directly with customers regarding web technologies, site functionality, and services that will facilitate project objectives.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage projects.
● Ability to collaborate on projects with the web services team
● Knowledge of agile methodologies (Kanban, Velocity Tracking)
● Advanced, up-to-date knowledge of principles and techniques in web design, hosting and production.
● Demonstrated experience using the following languages and frameworks:
○ Bootstrap 4
○ PHP (ASP, Java)
○ CMS themes and customization experience a plus
● Experience with collaborative version control using Git (branches, pull-reqs, etc.)
● Experience with command line and package managers (npm, yarn)
● Knowledge of back-end databases (MySQL, NoSQL) and REST to organize content, create workflow tools, form submissions, API calls, etc.
● Knowledge of web server administration (SSH / command line interface ability a plus)
● Ability to ensure that websites are in compliance with 508 ADA requirements and Lab policies using scan software (SortSite)
● Knowledge of web browser compatibility (i.e., cross-browser compliance)
● Demonstrated knowledge of UX and UI principles
● Experience with responsive and mobile-first design and development
● Experience working with typography and the ability to create effective, user-friendly web layouts on the fly, all while following enterprise style guidelines.
● Experience designing wireframes and prototypes using tools such as Balsamiq or Sketch.
● Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to haves
● Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding improving processes within the team
● WebGL/3D modeling
● Video Editing and After Effects Knowledge
Other notes: Looking for this person to start perhaps in mid- to late-April (as the interview process progresses). This person would need to be available to attend on-site meetings, and work/train with the team, as required. Looking for “local” to Pasadena area. Ability to work remotely will be an option in the future, depending on how quickly the person adapts to workflow.
20-30 hours to start, through June. This may increase to 40hrs./wk. depending on person’s skillset, flexibility and ability to adapt to the workflow environment.