The UX Standards Writer may be asked to work independently or collaboratively on a variety of tasks, including:
- Guidelines for style, accessibility, and localization best practices
- Content audits to inform thoughtful component and pattern content recommendations
- Content briefs that define and defend feature strategy and UI text recommendations
- Component and pattern documentation
- Content architecture for a new design library
- Research studies on design and content concepts
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or a related field (In lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience)
- 4 years of UX writing experience as part of a team developing hardware, software, or at a digital agency
- Superb writing and editing skills for UX and longer-form technical or design documentation
- Proven project and stakeholder management experience
- Familiarity with web and mobile UI design principles and practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and cope well with frequently changing requirements
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Basic knowledge of a design tool like InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch
- Experience working closely with engineering, design, and product management teams - comfortable discussing technical issues, from engineering details to design minutiae
- Experience with localization practices and accessibility
Please attach your answers to the following questions along with your submittal:
- Do you have experience with UX Writing?
- Do you have experience creating or maintaining writing and design style guides?
- Do you have experience developing or participating in user research for software products?
- Have you ever created wireframes or mocks to visually convey your text ideas?
- Do you have experience addressing accessibility and universal design concepts in your writing projects?
- Do you have any experience working with design tools, such as Sketch?
- Are you familiar with Material Design?
- Have you used user data to influence any of your writing projects?