Our BIG NAME client is looking for a passionate Project Manager to help drive accessibility across cross-functional teams. This individual will be responsible for tracking accessibility projects across product, and engineer teams, and partnering with other key stakeholders across creative, marketing, merchandising and other teams to aggregate status updates and communicate barriers. Excellent communication and partnering skills are a must, with strong influencing and general knowledge of basic accessibility principles.
- Manage accessibility project activities for multiple projects across a number of cross functional teams and phases-- including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Manage existing bugs and develop tracking systems to illustrate various team a11y health.
- Manage day-to-day third-party relationships and testing requests.
- Partner with development teams to enhance tools and testing for a11y.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
- Develop enhanced measures for driving team accountability and compliance to WCAG standards.
- Manage up to 3 Scrum teams of 5 to 7 team members each to execute projects.
- Maturity to manage senior partners and navigate complex partnerships to drive accessibility requirements.
- 3+ years of hands-on project management or producer experience
- eCommerce or Retail experience
- Experience driving eCommerce or digital accessibility initiatives.
- Accessibility and WCAG knowledge a plus.
- Experience managing multiple dependencies in project and program delivery
- Ability to guide multiple scrum teams concurrently
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
If interested in being considered and would like more information, please apply to this posting and qualified candidates will be contacted immediately regarding next steps.