- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kevin Witthuhn
A Fortune 500 fintech operation is seeking a Sr. UX Designer with expert capabilities in interaction and visual design who will help create and improve B2B and consumer applications for both web and mobile experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking. Candidates must be both highly analytical and creative, consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. This individual fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team, evangelizes and promotes UX thinking, and can juggle multiple high-profile projects. This individual is confidently able to justify design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Design / UX and/or Research
- Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Able to collaborate with business partners and build upon their vision using sound UX principles
Qualifications / Skills
- Passionate about making web and mobile applications easier to use and accessible to all users
- Understanding of design techniques and principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance, expertly manages time and independently manages competing, simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Balsamiq, Invision, or other industry tools
- Proficiency designing high-fidelty mockups using Photoshop, Sketch or other industry tools.
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus.
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus.
- Visual/artistic design skills a plus.
- Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design usable, accessible, and engaging user experiences for the web and mobile based on research and best practices.
- Participate in discovery sessions and help create user journeys, user/task flows, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, and other UX artifacts as needed.
- Translate UX research into design recommendations and UX requirements
- Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, developers, and business partners in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
This Fortune 500 fintech pioneer headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area has been an industry disruptor since day-one. Whether introducing consumers to credit cards, it's gold-standard ecommerce solutions for businesses or biometric purchase authentication tools, this industrial giant defines bleeding-edge of finance technology. To keep pace with year-over-year growth, this industry leader is continually on the lookout for experts in design, technology, and operations. Special Bay Area benefits include commuter access to free luxury shuttle service.