- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is looking for a User Experience Qualitative Researcher who will be responsible for creating research designs, analysis of research, conducting both in house and remote studies, both moderated and unmoderated. The UX Qualitative Researcher will work across the entire breadth of the product lifecycle, from generative through evaluative research. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our experiences in collaboration with Designers, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders within the line of business.
- Conduct a variety of qualitative user research activities (e.g. empathy interviews, ethnographies, contextual inquiries, co-creation) as part of an interdisciplinary design process that includes designers, product managers and tech
- Conduct usability benchmarking and continued testing of tools and apps
- Teach and mentor designers on a variety of research activities, including empathy interviews, concept and usability testing, co creation, diary studies, in home interviews
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Experience with, or willingness to learn eye-tracking is a plus.
- Have a track record of working with teams of various stakeholders, including designers, researchers, strategists, product managers, and tech partners
- Effectively work with multiple stakeholders' interests, priorities, and expectations while working on individual research projects
- Have experience guiding teams to employ the best research methods for the problem, employing strategies to address stakeholder push back
- Be willing to teach and mentor designers in various research activities.
- Be able to present research to a variety of stakeholders with varying levels of research understanding; guide designers in the best practices in communicating research.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience as a Design Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
- 1+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Ethnography, Sociology, HCI, Human Factors, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Design or Market Researcher in a corporate or consulting capacity
- 3+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- 2+ years of eye-tracking experience on both digital products and physical spaces.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/