We are hiring a product design researcher to join the Developer Services division at this large global tech org!
As a design researcher for the Developer Division, you will team up with a small but growing team of researchers. We work in close partnership with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers building the future of developer products, helping developers to deliver software faster and more confidently. In this role, you will help up to identify new opportunity areas, to derive deep insights about customer's needs, wants, and behaviors, and to influence our product strategy.
As part of your work you will:
• Use your creativity and a variety of research methods to uncover what our customer needs and product opportunities are.
• Adapt the research process and practices to the growing needs of the organization.
• Design, plan and execute user research projects in collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
• Validate hypotheses and influence over product leadership's decisions.
• Communicate research findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Help your team drive impact and change.
You’ll be great at this role if you have:
• A minimum of MA/MS in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field, OR significant industry experience
• 3+ years of industry experience conducting user research and driving tangible outcomes with cross-functional teams and a proven track record of success
• Experience designing and conducting a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all the product stages from conception to release (Enterprise experience a plus)
• Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of UX research approaches and methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways; translate research findings into actionable recommendations; ability to turn data into Insights
• Experience building and managing a sustainable base of design research knowledge that is leveraged across design, product, and engineering teams
• Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products; must be able to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team
• Previous experience as a researcher conducting studies with a technical user base is a plus
• Some experience with telemetry/instrumented data analysis, particularly in application to design iteration is a plus
If you join us, you will:
• Shape and influence the design of developer tools seen and used by millions
• Work alongside a welcoming group of smart designers who are always eager to share and to learn from each other