AQUENT is seeking a Senior UX Designer for one of our COOLEST clients in Bentonville, AR!
Design and user experience are incredibly important at this client. We look to the Senior Designer to envision how to help their customers live a better life and save them money and to bring that vision to life.
As a Sr. Designer, you'll be asked to do more than just create design comps, interactions and specs (though you'll have to do a lot of that!). To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) in collaboration with other architects, designers, content strategists, researchers, product managers and engineers.
You’ve created business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, often working with senior UX leaders and managers to complete these projects.
A seasoned veteran, you can craft experiences for any channel or platform, and you are a leader in the creation of business and consumer product experiences. You can work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
You love to solve complex problems and work closely with others who feel the same, and your solutions merge with a larger structure to create a cohesive design ecosystem.
Skills You’ll Have:
• Strong tendency towards visual thinking – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (E.g. Typography, color, space, contrast)
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent web site.
• Familiarity with process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Capability to adhere to team processes and standards, while contributing ideas for improvement.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Experience negotiating business decisions.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
• Bachelor's degree in design or other related field and 3 years of experience or 7 years of experience with visual and interaction design with the bulk of the experience in interactive design problems.