Our client's Packaging Graphics Producer, Lead manages packaging, labeling, and print documentation for products worldwide to ensure that high-quality printing and finishing is developed, produced, and shipped on time. In this role, you will ensure the execution of final design for assigned projects in a large-scale manufacturing environment that reflects standards for simplicity and elegance.
• You have four to seven years of relevant experience in consumer electronics or consumer goods packaging as well as a background in print labeling.
• You have expertise in program and project management.
• You are knowledgeable about prepress, printing processes, and on-press trouble-shooting.
• You have an extraordinary eye for color accuracy and quality.
• You have working experience with materials, papers, inks, adhesives, and print decoration and finishing techniques.
• You have a positive attitude, and you lead by example to support collaboration.
• You have the strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and a worldwide supply base.
• You are a creative problem solver who is adaptable, flexible, resourceful; you guide the product specification, considering product definition, time and budget constraints.
• You have subject matter expertise in print techniques and manufacturing processes.
• You develop positive relationships with our cross-functional team members.
• You care deeply about packaging.
• You have appreciation for quality, can communicate clearly and have a deep understanding of the process—both engineering and design.
• You are proficient in Mac applications; database management systems; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat; and the Microsoft Office suite.
• You are available for both domestic and international travel at least 20 percent of time; travel may raise to 50% during peak business periods.
• Guide proposals during the creative and development phases of projects while understanding capabilities within our supply base.
• Maintain expertise in product category, staying on top of packaging innovation as it relates to materials and treatments, both on press and finishing.
• Work with suppliers to develop packaging and labeling concepts, validate manufacturability, and obtain samples for approval.
• Handle multiple projects at the same time. Flag issues that may affect internal or external workflow.
• Track all deliverables by developing timelines and schedules, craft them with engineering schedules, and build custom solutions for projects.
• Establish print specifications in collaboration with Design and Print Production Management, including paper choice, inks, printing processes, foils, varnishes and coatings, lamination, emboss and deboss tools, and more.
• Partnering with the Program Manager, ensure print specifications, color drawdowns and press sheets are accurate, on time, and meet print standards.
• Handle the localization process, including copy approval, translation request, file assessment, file handoff, and localized reviews.
• Initiate and provide oversight for deliverable part numbers and understand their place on the bill of materials.
• Brief the Packaging Print Specialists on inks, foils, or coatings that need to be developed with our suppliers.
• Provide professional color judgement to match design goals across multiple sites and suppliers, including sign off on color standards.
• Participate in internal meetings, status and design reviews, and cross-functional team meetings.
Bachelor degree required. BS in Print technologies/Packaging science or BA in Graphics communication preferred.