About This Role:
Our global innovative Fortune 500 client is in need of a long-term freelance Information Architect. This role in onsite in NYC, mid-town west side, 40 hours a week, 6 months with opportunity extend, healthcare benefits provided, 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend, more.
What You Will Do:
- This is a great opportunity for a talented UX Information Architect to provide positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and applications through the organization across digital platforms. This position focuses on the target audiences, the technologies that are used to create the client’s sites/pages and the actual information on the site.
- As UX Information Architect you will organize information and design strategies using data from usability testing on how users interact with a company’s web assets. In this role, you will research and analyze user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; study how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envision architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; create user scenarios; prepare data models; design information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluatie information representation; conduct creative meetings.
- Organize information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; craft interactive experiences; produce workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinate with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Prepare paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinate with UX Design, Editorial, Product Owners and Production Developers to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What You Need:
- A minimum of three years as an Information Architect
- Experience with testing tools such as Treejack, OptimalSort or similar
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch or similar
- A solid understanding of various platforms ranging from desktop to mobile
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Contracting long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hours per week)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward transportation passes)
- Direct Paycheck Deposit
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you! If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to: email@example.com