- Downtown Chicago
- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Wolcott
Aquent's client is looking for an Interactive Designer with strong UI chops to work a dymanic contract role Downtown/Loop. This is a year contract with strong possibility for more opportununity.
Must be onsite, downtown. (Once team member is up and running there is a reasonble expectation but majority of work is done onsite/IN-OFFICE and in an exciting moden office and team setting.)
Ideal candidate has a portfolio showing strong UI skills, including design of buttons, toggles, component based UI design. Any cart and checkout experience preferred. Looking for work that has been done on large corporate sites/Fortune 100 or 500 sites.
Ideal candidate can strike a balance between pushing good design and UI work, as well as fitting that into Brand Standards, no ego when changes are made, and being a connsummate team player.
This role will be in an siloed team but also play with other key departments onsite and offisite and needs to be able to work seamlessly with commununication.
Strong understanding of UI and flows needed, but an understanding and reflection of good design and aesthetic also needed.
• Work closely with UX and product teams to concept solutions and work with wireframes to produce high-fidelity visual design.
• Solid understanding of brand standards and style guide and how to apply to the visual design.
• Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design – how to craft an interaction that will intuitively lead a user through a flow. Must have a good eye for design and attention to detail.
• Willingness to listen to constructive criticism and make changes according to feedback delivered by account staff and/or creative director.
• Ability to employ critical thinking and sound judgment when making decisions about visual design, especially in cases where direction is absent or incomplete; i.e. being comfortable with creating output without perfect input.
• Be a constant advocate for the user: willing to ask questions of various stakeholders to make sure end work product meets the user's needs.
• Experience working in an agile work-stream is a plus.
- Portfolio showing UI and other sophisticated digital and interactive design work for large brand. Crisp, clean and updated portfolio + resume required.
- Past experience working in a UI or Interactive Designer role. 3++ years exp.
- Expert level Photoshop skills, and UNDERSTANDING and working knowledge of Sketch preferred
- Understanding of how to work with multuple levels of stakeholders and partners (UX partners, back-end coding developement partners, high level design and marketing partners, and more.)
- Must be able to design fluidly, defend designs when they need to be, but also fit designs in brand standards, and flow and change quickly with no ego or ownership issues.
- Understanding of UI, Carts and Checkouts, ECommerce, Toggles, UI flow, Buttons, Component based UI Design - and overall Digital and Interactive Design.