- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- BOE + well subsidized Benefits
- Start date:
- 3/11/19 ASAP
- Posted By:
- Kathleen Ellison
Our client, a digitally focused creative agency, is looking to hire an inspired Art Director to join their fast-paced, energetic team. This person will be responsible for the implementation, visual identity, and execution of all projects within the agency. Potential permanent conversion.
This is a hands on position without people management. We are looking for someone who has a creative design background but has also worked with digital media. Past creative agency or similar environment is a must. Our client is a 5 year old startup but with the security of a $10B parent company.
- Brainstorm conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Translate words and ideas into high caliber conceptual designs that engage, enlighten and inspire the end user, maintaining campaign and brand continuity and interactive usability
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, digital activations, and printed materials for agency clients.
- In addition, create assets for prospective client presentations, in-house communications, and anything else our clients or new business needs demand
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production – working with various departments and contractors to ensure that concepts are executed appropriately in all mediums
- Conceive and create experience-oriented design solutions that fulfill strategic business objective
- Collaborate with digital account managers and social media director to revise work and refine concepts
- Lead group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and taking direction as needed
- Lead client and internal creative review meetings, professionally and passionately presenting the department’s work, persuasively explaining design rationale to non-designers, collecting and absorbing feedback and offering solutions in real time
- Keep current on advertising campaigns, design trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking, working, and problem solving.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of digital media and print production processes
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) is a MUST
- Proficiency with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, HTML and other digital publishing tools is a MUST
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines on a daily basis in a team-oriented environment. Actively report progress to account managers to keep them informed.
- Minimum 4+ years in creative agency setting
- Experience or knowledge of video production helps but is not required
- If you love the Bay Area and the idea of working with iconic Bay Area brands and their owners, we may have a home for you.
- If you love working in a startup environment with all the personal and financial rewards that accompany it BUT like the security of a HUGE parent company and all the perks that come with that, then we may have a home for you.
- If you love creating something great, working with incredibly smart and accountable people who work hard for clients and their company but play harder and often while they work, then we may have a home for you.
- If you enjoy growing your own department by rolling up your sleeves and doing the work to set the foundation and then glow in the glory of a successfully running team, we may have a home for you.
If you are fired up after reading all the above and it feels like home already, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!