Develop customized proposals, RFI/RFP responses, presentations, and other materials to prospective/existing clients to win new business.
Distinguishing Characteristics: This position assumes tasks that are complex in nature. Is able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction. Typically designs and develops approaches that are implemented by others.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as project lead in writing standard and customized proposals
• Participate in strategy calls with Sales and Account teams
• Assist in the development of proposal strategies
• Perform proposal research and compile data
• Write proposals and presentations, as well as other documents, to support sales process
• Ensure a smooth flow of information and consistent messaging in proposals by proofing, editing, and rewriting all sections of a proposal, as required
• Coordinate with proposal team members and other staff members to ensure deadlines are met
• Support sales and marketing in business development efforts
• Support ad-hoc requests for data from Sales and other departments
• Manage project documentation
• Assist with proposal production, including the creation of hard copies and proposal shipment
• Ensure materials comply with applicable laws and regulations
• Assist with the maintenance of proposal knowledgebase
Develop proposals and other documents that are:
• Accurate descriptions of our clients products, capabilities, and processes
• Responsive to the RFP questions
• Concise and focused
• Appropriately reflect our value story and the sales strategy for the specific customer/prospect
Meet deadlines (internal and external)
Ability to work with minimal supervision, under tight deadlines and pressure, in preparing and delivering written documents of the highest quality. Must demonstrate sound business judgment and decision-making skills.
Education, knowledge, skills, competencies, certification/licenses:
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related major.
Strong ability to grasp concepts and understand RFP/RFI requirements.
Experience leading cross functional teams. Established and demonstrated strong organization and administrative skills. Ability to concisely communicate – both verbally and in writing. Ability to write persuasive content under tight deadlines.
Minimum Experience Level:
5+ years related experience writing and editing proposals or other sales communications or similar role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
May provide direction and mentoring to more junior team members.
Primarily office environment with opportunity to work from home using VPN with company assigned laptop.
Required Skills (top 3 to 5/ non-negotiables):
1. Ability to understand RFP/RFI requirements
2. Ability to concisely communicate – verbal and written
3. Bachelor’s Degree or extensive experience
What you like to see on resumes? (nice to have)
1. Detailed experience with proposal writing
3. Education details
How does this project impact the line of business or BSC as a whole? The assignment impacts membership growth directly.
Internal/External Groups with which the Candidate will interface with: Work mainly with analysts, other writers and Sales and Account Managers (internal work mainly)