The Product Communications Specialist has experience working in Public Affairs/Corporate affairs teams in pharmaceutical companies or PR agencies to develop materials (e.g., press releases, media fact sheets, media pitches) that help tell the story of a therapy. Success in this role relies on strong storytelling skills, identifying and developing content with impact, and determining the right multi-channel approach. These communications may include the creation of press releases, Q&A, standby media statements, media pitches, internal intranet articles on new data presented at congresses, data being published, patient stories, etc. Deliverables include content, visual and written, to be used to tell the story of our client's science as well as its therapeutic areas (e.g., spinal muscular atrophy, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease) and brands through a variety of channels including videos, visuals, press releases, Q&A, key messages, background documents, etc. The candidate will support two associate directors who lead product communications for rare disease spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and Alzheimer’s disease. The candidate must be a team player and collaborate with Corporate Affairs partners in Media Relations, Social Media, Internal and Corporate Communications, and Patient Advocacy.
• Develop and implement tactics to effectively communicate our client's innovation and drive successful implementation.
• Create and develop high-impact content to communicate and raise awareness of franchises and brands where our client is active.
• Build a content repository of visuals and written documents to be used.
• Work as an integrated team with product communications colleagues.
•8-10 years of experience in a franchise/brand/science communications role in-house or in a PR agency
• Experience working in an integrated environment involving colleagues and seeking collaboration
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to successfully collaborate, and effectively work across functions and personalities
• Strong business acumen, preferably related to the pharma/biotech industry
• Creative, innovative, agile and flexible
• Ability to work well under pressure and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Bachelor’s degree is required in liberal arts or life sciences