- Santa Clara- Remote 3 days- Onsite 2 days/wk
- Job Terms:
- $75-$80+ well subsidized benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Scott Toohill
- Responsible for the creation of original work and editing others work across the spectrum of content needs from brand advertising headlines to solution-level collateral while ensuring alignment to the overarching brand personality, tone, and voice. (If your gut instinct is to edit that last sentence, then read on…you might be the right candidate.)
- Write engaging, impactful content across a variety of mediums, often working with subject matter experts in corporate marketing, corporate communications, and product marketing
- Passion and proven track record for writing and editing, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. (Translation: You will write a lot. Quickly.)
- Edit at various levels, for different audiences across different content types, including technical white papers, eBooks, and case studies
- You’ll need a positive attitude, thick skin, and an ego-free approach to feedback and revisions. A fondness for the Oxford comma, a sense of humor, and the ability to meet tight deadlines are required. This writer will be writing for the servicenow.com website specifically
- The ability to understand our brand narrative and maintain consistent quality, tone, voice, and style for a broad range of audiences, including customers, prospects, partners, developers, and employees
- Extensive understanding of all writing disciplines, including conceptual and executional
- Proficient in sourcing, drafting, and securing approvals for a wide range of content—from technical to broad marketing promotional and internal communications writing
- Focused on continually innovating the process, the ideas and the strategies to better support ServiceNow’s marketing communications
- Create written pieces that will have a business impact on all of our communication channels (events, brand, thought leadership, etc.)
- Be able to take program inputs, translate into impactful copy and have the ability to communicate and share a variety of directional choices
- Not afraid to push forward brave ideas
- Manage timing and deliverables for project work
- Accurately estimate the number of hours required for specific tasks; manage pipeline to match quantity of work
- Commit to ongoing personal development and training to ensure continuous improvement in creativity, concept development, and writing, and editing skills
- Proven track record of successful work within an internal creative services team or agency
- Strong portfolio of impactful modern content pieces
- 8-10 Years related work experience; 4+ years in technology
- Demonstrated writing ability that is inspirational, frank, and avoids marketing fluff and jargon
- A self-starter and a nimble problem solver who is able to manage projects from start to finish
- Excellent project management skills; must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must be very detailed oriented, well organized, and able to thrive in deadline driven environment
- A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the creative and strategic development of an assignment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a fast-paced team
- A solid understanding of the marketing industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Working in a fast past growth technology environment essential
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and team player attitude
- Ability to stay calm under pressure; maintain quality and efficiency in an environment that requires you to move quickly, take initiative, manage changing priorities, multi-task and work cross-functionally to deliver against constant deadlines.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
***Please include a digital portfolio or work samples.***
#1 on Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies list for 2018 and #3 on Fortune Magazine’s Future 50 list, this American cloud computing company delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
They believe work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And they're dedicated to making the workplaces of today and tomorrow better for everyone. That’s why they put people at the heart of everything they do, with a cloud-based platform and solutions that deliver digital experiences to help people do their best work.
Please ensure full legal name is on resume.
Portfolio or work samples required.