Our Global Fortune 500 Home Improvement client has a need for an Online Video Producer!
Work closely with partners within the organization to identify video content needs, overseeing the process from concept to completion. As the owner of this content development, the Online Video Producer will be responsible for ensuring the end product meets company brand standards while also providing great value to the customer.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- 20% Qualifies customer via a thorough needs assessment process, helps clients identify communication goals.
- This individual stays connected to their client throughout the process, providing updates and managing expectations
- 20% Provides creative direction on production approaches and concepts to meet the needs of the project
- 20% Manages total scope: think big picture while maintaining focus on specific details of a production (background action, talent performance, licensing and legal concerns, visual accuracy of shots, etc.)
- 15% Writes scripts, interviews subject matter experts (SMEs), provide edit direction and oversee all post-production work
- 15% Plans and executes all logistical aspects of productions: schedule freelance crews, audition on-screen talent and equipment rental, etc.
- May also include managing locations - site surveys, approvals & location fees and acquiring necessary permits.
- Provide direction to both video crew and on-camera talent
- 10% Manages the varied and complicated aspects of video production in a fastpaced and challenging corporate environment with very little direction. Make decisions that impact projects while adhering to pertinent company policies, staying on budget.
Nature and Scope
- Position reports to Manager, Online Content Development
Environmental Job Requirements
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience - 8
Physical Job Requirements
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- -BS or BA in Communication, English, or Journalism preferred, but not required
- 5 years of experience in a major market television station, post production facility, or equivalent corporate video/communication environment
- 2 years of staff management experience
- Working knowledge of the home-improvement industry and general understanding of Do-It-Yourself projects
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Proven record of project management and ability to work under pressure and deadline
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and sound judgement
- Excellent people and negotiation skills; Ability to work with individuals at all professional levels
- Proven expertise at video production and content development and management
- Experience and comfort with latest video production techniques and related technology
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work varied / flexible schedules
- Strong ability to work independently