- Houston, TX
- Job Terms:
- $25-30/hr depends on experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blake Grannell
Aquent is looking for TWO Marketing Project Managers for their Fortune 500 client!
- Marketing manager – the individual will be in high profile position
- Manage key projects that come through marketing office
- In the process of re-branding the marketing team
- *this person would not be digital marketing PM. They might be involved in a few email projects but this is a Traditional Marketing PM - print materials or PDF only materials will be the majority of work
- Nice to Have: Marketing and or Financial services background
- Organized, collaborative and detailed oriented (work within a team and individual contributors)
- Any familiarity with PM systems a plus, knowledge of workflow and processes very important
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Marketing partner/liaison with business partner and field sales.
- Fully understand the campaign strategy and objective.
- Evaluate and help select the mix of marketing materials needed for the campaign during development of strategy.
- Follow normal project management procedures and best practices.
- Create/negotiate timeline and a cost estimate.
- Make sure all marketing materials are tracked for results (when possible).
- Obtain budget and desired timeline/launch date.
- Make sure the campaign costs do not go over budget.
Source Creative Team:
- Communicate the strategy, objective and action plan to the Creative Team (Writer, Designers, Web team, Production) .
- Follow-up on projects and marketing materials. Make sure they are:
- Completed on time (including interim milestones).
- In line with the campaign strategy and objectives.
- Following up regularly to client/project requestor on project status.
- Develop and maintain a master job list for status meetings; schedule and hold regular status meetings.
- Ensure final file delivery of each job element (e.g. printed materials placed into appropriate inventory, PDF uploaded to appropriate system, etc.).
Success in this position is being able to handle and deliver multiple projects in scope and on-time.
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- BA/BS in business management, marketing, or related studies
- Outstanding project management skills
- Experience with marketing on demand software
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, relationship building and negotiation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to complex concepts.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Impeccable organization and follow-up skills.
- Industry knowledge and experience (Retirement Plans, Annuities, etc.) a plus
- Experience in employee benefits communications a plus
- Strong understanding of various business areas of companies (such as IT, legal, sales, marketing, service) and how each area contributes to the effective management of new initiatives.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)