Our client is looking for a UX Design Facilitator. This is an on-site 12-18 months assignment with benefits - Medical Dental and 401K. Ideally, this role would have you sitting on-site in Austin. Open to having you sit on-site in Denver, CO or San Francisco, CA.
UX Design Thinking Training Facilitator
The User Experience and Design team within the digital services team is a multi-disciplinary group of user experience designers, visual designers, content writers, accessibility subject-matter experts and researchers. They work with strategic business and technology partners across the enterprise to build best-in-class software experiences for our users.
The digital services team uses a design-thinking led, Agile approach to rapidly ideate, iterate and test new ideas related to specific user journeys or specific business opportunities.
Their work is at the heart of the company's digital transformation. They work with product development teams to embed design thinking practices in their work – enabling continuous discovery to blend with agile development practices. To support this, they are creating new trainings. These highly interactive workshops bring together a full cross-functional product development team (product owners, developers, designers, researchers, content strategy) to focus on the modern product development process and team roles.
As a member of the training development and delivery team, you will be responsible for key aspects of the training design, including
• Develop course templates hand-in-hand with the Digital Transformation training team
• Deliver hands-on design thinking workshop
• Pre-consult with the cross-functional teams to modify the base workshop template to best meet the team’s needs
• Work closely with the UX team members to create materials and understand the cross-functional team’s needs
• Follow-up coaching for the cross-functional team
• Champion design thinking, human-centered design and the needs of our users
• You will bring your expertise and knowledge to help train and facilitate integrated Design Thinking practices into the Agile working methodology.
• Help customize Design Thinking training material where needed to meet the needs and expertise level of the training group.
Why your work matters:
• You will support an engaged set of employees who are eager for tools and training to support working in a highly collaborative environment
• You will work with an engaged design team that fosters a learning environment
What you have:
• 3 years’ experience facilitating Design Thinking workshops
• 3 years’ experience in professional business communications
• Expert in Design Thinking methods
• Adept in agile methodologies and Lean UX Practices
• Solid project management skills
• A self-starter who can organize your work and drive it forward in short timeframes with limited direction.
• Ability to travel, up to 50%
• Design experience a plus
• Additional experience in developing positive team dynamics, and convergent/divergent thinking practices a plus