Our client in Evansville, IN is seeking a savvy Marketing Communications Content Manager
This marketing communications professional brings a creative brief to life by writing highly engaging content that spans digital and traditional communication channels. This position works with business partners throughout the Marketing organization to produce a variety of tactics that grow product and service engagement and sales, build brand preference and drives customer satisfaction.
- Works with Product Managers, Customer Service and business leadership to develop and write customer-oriented content for digital and traditional channels that promote company products and services.
- Researches, writes and edits content for digital and traditional communication channels, including email, Web, social media, bill inserts/onserts, videos, infographics, brochures, letters and direct mail.
- Maintains consistent voice that represents the brand, adjusting tone and style for each audience and channel, as appropriate.
- Edits content across channels to ensure overall accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborates with Art Directors, Channel Managers and Video Producers to recommend photos, art, graphics and design templates that will best showcase desired messages and make content easy to consume.
- Uses software tools to post/publish Web content or flow email content into approved templates in order to streamline workflows.
- Uses project management skills and job tracking tools to ensure jobs are on schedule and meet approvals at various points during production.
- Supports other departments through collaboration on story ideas, editing, and proofreading.
- Oversees content testing and helps analyze results to ensure content meets business objectives.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or Business Administration from an accredited college or university
- Requires a minimum 5 years of experience as a writer of marketing communications or customer communications content for B-to-C or B-to-B audiences, either in-house or with an agency.
- Experience writing and editing marketing and customer (B-to-C) communications content across digital and traditional channels. Be able to tell a compelling story that drives customer action and brand awareness.
- Knowledge of and some work experience with modern marketing tools including marketing automation, web content management, social relationship management, job tracking/project management systems and email systems.
- Active membership in relevant professional organizations (AMA, PRSA, IABC etc.) a plus.
- Proficient in AP Style.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Must provide a portfolio with samples of professional work.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Has an understanding of modern marketing principles like customer segmentation and Design Thinking methodology, which is used to solve problems and find desirable solutions for customers.
- Retail or consumer products background and knowledge of the energy and/or utility industries are pluses.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Code of Conduct, and other Company policies and procedures and do so consistently by taking all required training courses by designated deadlines.
- Able to consistently demonstrate respect for all individuals, adhere to the Company’s values and business practices.