AQUENT is seeking a Senior User Researcher for one of our MOST INNOVATIVE fintech clients in San Francisco! This starts out as a 6-month assignment with potential to convert to a perm role.
What you’ll do:
- Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis—complete with a specific method and tasks that illuminate the heart of the issue.
- Be able to quickly understand the needs of our internal clients—especially as they relate to who their users are and what questions they really need to have answered.
- Scope and craft research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects.
- Develop research strategies and proposals and execute on time and on budget.
- Plan, recruit for, and conduct usability analyses in the usability lab, in the field, or using remote tools
- Collaborating closely with designers, technologists, and product managers and deliver persuasive and compelling findings to executive stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience in user experience research (both quantitative & qualitative research experience needed)
- Experience in a variety of industries and platforms; digital, mobile and product design for example
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Effective communication of research results and recommendations across roles & levels, internal and external to the team
- Awareness and practical understanding of traditional and new research methodologies and recruitment strategies
- Understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experience design
- Proven understanding of design principles, design planning and the role of insights and research in informing and leading strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with multiple user research methodologies such as Usability Testing, Contextual inquiries, Group Sessions, Participatory Design
- Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field required, Masters an advantage