Sr. UX Researcher—Formative Research, Insights, and Trends
The Sr. User Experience Researcher will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research, including identification of user behaviors, motivations, needs, and goals. A successful Sr. User Experience Researcher must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. They must have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices. They are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and a relentless determination to do what is right for our customers. An ideal candidate can work with minimal direction and is capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. They must be good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing their commitments and priorities.
• Conduct qualitative research both online (e.g., dscout) and in the field (e.g., in-homes, observations) research and provide impactful and actionable insights and opportunities.
• Effectively manage stakeholder communication in a timely manner.
• Generate and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge base of prior research projects and project goals.
• Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help inspire product vision and design.
• Create project deliverables that translate research insights into impactful opportunities.
• 5+ years of experience conducting user research
• A BS or equivalent degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
• Full-stack experience with all aspects of research (study design, analysis, and reporting)
• Experience utilizing qualitative research methods (e.g., ethnographic, observational, on-on-one interviews, contextual inquiries)
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Data visualization (e.g., frameworks, diagrams)
• Ability to quickly share top line insights with the team and stakeholders
• Comfortable with ambiguity and working on projects that tackle large, broad topics
• Ability to organize large amounts of qualitative data
• Critical thinker
• Self-organizer (effectively manage competing priorities)
• Passionate about their work and for solving problems
• Eagerness to continually learn, grow