This global coffee company based in Seattle, is looking for a skilled Data/Analytics Content Manager. This person would be creating and implementing content strategies that meet business goals, tell cross-functional stories and delivers an excellent end user experience.
The web content manager works closely with cross-functional teams to: build communication/content strategies, transition written copy to web ready content and deliver customer optimized content. The web content manager brings a depth of knowledge in digital content strategies, knowledge of industry leading tools & platforms and strong opinions of how create best-in-class experiences that drive greater customer engagement. The web content manager brings experience in collecting, analyzing and creating innovative strategies based upon web metrics, SEO and usability. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
This position requires a flexible, dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience in digital content creation, analytics, usability, delivery tools and platforms and understanding/delivering engaging content against platform and business objectives. An understanding of owned digital content within the business strategy and an ability to collaborate is critical. In addition, this person has a drive to plan and deliver actionable results and can execute innovative strategies, as well as embrace change, and has a track record of success working within a complex organization. Project management and team collaboration are also a requirement of the successful candidate.
• Plans and manages digital content calendar and associated implementations
• Plans, develops and delivers digital content products with a focus on end user needs and usability
• Drives digital content analytics and success measures. Analyzes and reports content performance in a meaningful way to stakeholders. Generates and implements innovative content strategies based on analysis.
• Interprets web performance data, creates and implements strategies to optimize content, navigation and overall site usability
• Executes content management strategies that supports business unit/organizational goals. Understands storytelling in one more digital domain. Identifies content opportunities, including ways to repurpose existing content throughout owned platforms and other digital channels.
• Contributes and manages medium to complex content projects. Uses project management skills to organize communication platforms and knowledge repositories across multiple internal digital channels.
• Mentors content contributors to optimize their content by suggesting enhancements based on web best practices, user-experience and external and in-house analytics.
• Researches and implements web content tools and platforms.
• Communicates department/functional web strategies to internal and external partners.
• Advises team on SEO and creates actional plans to improve information accessibility.
-Education (minimum education level, degree or certification necessary): 3-5 years of relevant experience
Skills (minimum skills required):
Proven ability to create engaging owned content to key KPIs across one or more platforms and create and drive digital content innovation.
Hands-on experience interpreting content performance data and creating content and strategies based on that data. Intermediate level understanding of digital analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into actionable insights.
Solid understanding and thoughtful perspectives on digital owned and storytelling strategies. Current with digital content best practices. Ability to adapt end-user/information to relevant web experiences and strategy, understanding and integrating the latest thinking.
Able to rapidly produce high-quality communications in digital media. Develops compelling presentation materials. Communicates clearly and concisely.
Experience demonstrating end to end project management of medium to large-scale projects
Consistent collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional teams.
Provides clear briefings with compelling thought-starters. Provides clear feedback and helps shape creative expression in web channels.
Solid understanding of emerging tools, technology, trends and behaviors in web.
Able to link behaviors to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business.
Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills (minimum needed to be qualified): 3-5 years
Education (ideal education level or degree): B.A.
Top 3 Skills:
Analytical ability – must be able to analyze metrics and break it down into strategies
Must understand usability
Must have experience with content, write, edit and create content