Our client is looking for a Data analyst with an eye for detail and a solid understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
This candidate will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and standardizing data to drive strategic decision making as well as capture performance metrics. This candidate must work well with a highly functional diverse team in a fast-moving environment and have an inquisitive/curious nature with the ability to devour new concepts through the lens of data analysis.
• Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
• Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with team subject matter experts to validate when needed
• Helping develop reports and analysis; including hi level presentations of data trends and conclusions
• Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
• Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources and security
• Identifying and revising reporting requirements.
• Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
• Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
• Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded database systems as well as process
• Generating reports from single or multiple systems
• Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports
• Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems
• Training end users on new reports and dashboards
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in data analytics, ETL technologies and the product development life cycle
• At least 2+ years of relevant experience as a Data analyst or similar role including experience in data design principles, particularly with: Data visualization tools (Tableau preferred); Structured and unstructured data formats including CSV, TXT, JSON, XML and SQL
• High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale data sets and relational databases
• Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide improvement recommendations
• Ability to work within a high functioning team and effectively outline the specific data requirements needs for each analysis project
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Creative thinking skills, problem solving aptitude, and strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills