Strategy Marketing: Senior Manager, Content
SHORT-TERM CONTRACTOR COVERAGE
Location: Chicago, and / or Atlanta
Corporate Strategy is uniquely positioned at the intersection of business and technology We are trusted advisors to the C-Suite that combine meaningful business insights with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models.
Content is at the heart of all Corporate Strategy marketing, and our Content Led, Issue Based, Digitally Enabled campaigns are aimed at ensuring that Corporate Strategy becomes known for its client-centric content in the form of provocative and data backed points of view on the issues most relevant to the C-Suite.
- We are looking for a seasoned, experienced and agile marketing leader to join the Corporate Strategy Marketing & Communications team. The individual will create, manage and execute a Corporate Strategy integrated marketing plan across the three campaigns identified as key drivers of growth for Corporate Strategy.
- This role will require a deep understanding of the business and technology issues driving disruption and opportunity for our clients. The individual will be responsible for shaping a multi-format, cross-channel, content-based program for each priority industry, focused on delivering the Corporate Strategy perspective to help c-suite clients address the evolving and disruptive landscape.
- The individual will be responsible for working with Corporate Strategy leadership and subject matter experts to launch / feed campaigns, customize content and drive development of highly relevant content and digital assets.
- The individual will work closely with Corporate Strategy marketing leaders responsible for industry- and function-specific content to align with those campaigns. The individual will also work closely with marketing leaders with industry and function responsibility across all Corporate businesses to leverage Corporate Strategy content and spokespeople into the broad industry and function agendas.
- The marketing program will contribute meaningfully to the differentiation of Corporate Strategy. It will be built on key client and industry issues that this person will work to articulate with business leadership. The individual will have a disciplined commitment to measurable outcomes and insight driven, real time adjustments across multiple format, cross channel promotion. The individual will excel at the business operations needed to optimize the agile, on time and on budget delivery of programs to agreed outcome.
- Create, manage and drive integrated Corporate Strategy content aligned with the Strategy Growth Drivers.
- Launch / drive Corporate Strategy marketing content designed to be major business drivers.
- Establish and manage relationships with Corporate Strategy stakeholders.
- Work with Corporate Strategy and industry / function colleagues to identify and articulate alignment opportunities for content delivery and promotion.
- Be fluent in the issues, research and core content underpinning all Corporate Strategy campaigns and be able to triage ideas from other parts of Corporate to be in or out of scope for planned programs.
- Build relationships with marketing colleagues across the organization to allow early identification of channels and tactics that will provide premium access opportunities to C-suite targets.
- Excel at the business operations needed to optimize the agile, on time and on budget delivery of agreed-upon outcomes.
- Embrace and enable an analytics mindset.
- Manage and motivate flexible, virtual project teams of marketing colleagues, writers, agencies and shared service members in a hard charging and outcome oriented environment.
- Manage the program budgets, including quarterly budget forecasts.
- Manage monthly and quarterly metrics reporting for programs.
- Lead, mentor and develop junior members of team.
The successful individual will be an experienced, well rounded marketer with superior communications skills both orally and in writing and a track record of being able to influence without authority across a broad range of senior executive stakeholders and marketing colleagues. They will have a track record of working effectively in new, digitally dominated landscapes where they were expected to continually innovate. They will see themselves as evangelists for the very disciplined, content led approach at the core of our marketing strategy. They will be assertive, articulate and agile in their work style. This is a role for new age marketers who understand the strategic value that marketing can and must be able to deliver to the business as well as being able to recognize and capitalize on opportunities to add value.
- Significant experience working in global, highly matrixed organizations
- Evidence of working with multiple, global senior stakeholders
- Very strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to instantaneously absorb and form/articulate sharp perspectives on a broad range of business issues
- University degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field OR master’s degree in business/MBA
- Minimum 12-15 years B2B marketing experience
- B2B social media and innovative digital marketing experience
- Strong track record in driving highly targeted multi-channel campaigns
- Strong inclination towards using metrics as a guide to campaign efficacy
- Evidence of strong professional skills
- Self-starter, driven, highly motivated
- Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships
- Ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences
- Creative drive, energy, innovation and enthusiasm – never satisfied with status quo, always striving to break new ground and bring new marketing techniques and channels to the forefront
- Bold creativity and a passion for exquisite messaging
- Strong knowledge of innovation, technology content, and the ability to instantaneously absorb and create in the new
- Goal oriented, business-focused, responsive and reliable
- Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Exceptionally strong leadership and teaming skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills