- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Tamira Imondi
Aquent has an immediate opportunity with one of our top-tier clients in New York for an Associate Designer with denim menswear design experience. This is a contract opportunity for one year at 40 hours a week and on-site.
• Participates in the development of denim product lines in partnership with senior design team and leadership
• Assists in ensuring that denim product is consistent with market trends, as well as, business strategy
• Responsible for spicing new designs
• Responsible for details on design of product, including preparing and updating sketches and specifications
• Coordinates sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
• Involvement in sample fits and line edits
• Assists in fabric and trim development
• 2 – 4 years of Design experience: Strong sense and passion for denim with solid understanding of fabrics, finishes, details, trim, fit and construction
• General computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program)
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PLM
• Solid understanding of design process
• Solid flat sketching skills
• Good design and color sense
• Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body
• Solid understanding of product construction (e.g., finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
• Knowledge of fit model and standard measurements
• Demonstrated time management and communication skills
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.