- New Jersey
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Elizabeth Bennett
Aquent Studios is seeking an experienced Production Designer who has produced large directories or catalogs via InDesign with data-merge from Excel. The right candidate will have strong technical skills and a sense for efficient processes. The work requires attention to detail to ensure that all work adheres to client specifications. This role will be offsite and remote, but the designer must be available to communicate during normal business hours.
- Employ an automated process to produce large Excel data-merge layouts in InDesign.
- Generate client mock-ups.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Create assets as directed by a project manager or art director.
- Adhere to brand standards and guidelines as directed.
- Monitor all work to make sure it is complete, accurate and on time.
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Be willing to complete various tasks, sometimes unrelated to the items listed above to aid in completion of other projects.
- Communicate effectively with the members of the Studios team and adapt quickly to a fast-paced, deadline filled, detail-oriented environment.
- Work within specified timelines to complete work on assets assigned.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with the Studios team, client, and/or vendor.
- 3-5 years of production and design experience required.
- Prefer experience in automated processes for creating large directories or catalogs.
- Strong InDesign and Excel data merge experience a must.
- Portfolio review required.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Industrial Design or related area preferred.
A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Aquent Studios provides custom-tailored consulting and outsourcing solutions. Our team of consultants, project managers, and creative professionals brings decades of experience to help our clients expand their capacity in marketing communications, content development, and creative media. Aquent Studios is a division of Aquent, which is the world’s largest marketing staffing firm. Aquent is privately held and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. www.aquentstudios.com