Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking a Product Owner for their internal digital marketing team in their Wilmington, DE location. This Product Owner opportunity starts out as a 6+ month contract but has the potential of going permanent (full-time), 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
Our Client is seeking a Product Owner to work within the Digital Marketing Team to guide corporate websites direction in regards to overall look and feel and to work with the stakeholder to develop and maintain a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. The Product Owner is responsible for the product and product features from concept to end of life and works with architects, product marketing and scrum teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release. The Product Owner is responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature in this case, the website.
The Product Owner is accountable for the following:
- Ordering the product backlog
- Clearly defining product backlog items
- Accepting or rejecting backlog items at the end of a Sprint
- Directing the vision and plan for the direction of the product, adding items to the discovery and product backlogs
- Prioritizing the product backlog constantly, based on information and feedback
- Gathering feedback from product stakeholders and the development team through a variety of means, such as retrospectives, meetings, etc. to the JIRA backlog directly
- Attending at least a portion of the Product Backlog Refinement workshops to convey vision and priority, as well as understanding acceptance criteria discussed with users and the development team
- Attending Sprint Planning Part 1 to work with development teams to establish Sprint scope and Sprint goal
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Product Vision Development – collecting vision information from various stakeholders (both internal and external) and developing an overall solution vision. The Product Owner must be able to communicate that vision to stakeholders and the team.
- Product Backlog Management - decomposing the vision into a number of Stories, which make up the Product Backlog and working with the team and stakeholders to create a Release and Sprint Plan based
- on the Backlog.
- Roadmap Management – developing and updating the product roadmap which may require the Product Owner to interface with other Product Owners to ensure that there is roadmap alignment.
- Team Leadership - motivating and managing the team to ensure that all team members are working together effectively, communicating with other teams and that they are producing quality work, in line
- with the overall product vision.
- Communication - establish communication protocols across stakeholder groups. Communicate with managers executives to ensure that there is visibility into the program direction, schedule and progress. As these stakeholders are dependent on the products we produce, they must have regular and useful updates to allow them to plan their business activities. Communicate the Product Vision to interested parties and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge using full Office Suite, JIRA, Confluence and other tools used across AGILE
- Analytical Skills to assimilate information from a variety of sources, and develop a coherent strategy and product roadmap for meeting those needs.
- Project Management Skills to manage multiple projects, complex activities, and competing deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to present to varying
- Experience with designing and developing websites