- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Geoff Goodman
The Manager of Design is responsible for leading and managing the Marketing Design team as well as designing.
This includes development and management of the brand design and brand assets, providing direction (both visual and managerial) on projects executed by the graphic designers, web/digital strategist, and agency designers/developers, managing web projects, and executing on major Creative initiatives included large conferences and events, website usability improvements, high visibility sales presentations, and brand template updates.
This role will require someone who has the experience and knowledge to implement new strategies and best practices to improve efficiency for the design team and the design request process.
You should be someone who is willing to roll their sleeves up and execute, but has the experience and knowledge required to manage a team and lead a brand design vision .
· Your team owns a wide variety of Creative outputs -- event design, print & digital content design, presentation design, brand design, brand illustrations and iconography, web design, email templates, landing page templates, advertisements (digital and print), social graphics, swag design, and more -- meaning it is your responsibility the projects that fall under these categories are pushed to the finish line
Skills, Qualities and Requirements
· 6+ years of graphic/visual design experience
· Experience managing a team of designers
· Highly knowledgeable in both print and digital execution techniques
· Understanding of web CMS best practices and creating development-ready designs for web
· Ability to express your ideas visually and verbally to internal teams; strong communication and project management skills are a must
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to self-manage schedules of numerous concurrent design projects
· Team player who enjoys and values collaboration and feedback
· Outstanding design portfolio (design portfolio required)
· Bachelor’s degree in Design or an equivalent
· Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required
· Basic coding (e.g. HTML, CSS) knowledge and knowledge of web best practices, experience with Wordpress is a big plus
· Strongly encouraged: previous experience working as a designer at a software company