Aquent's client, a Fortune 500 multi-national technology company in Seattle, is seeking a UX Researcher with an M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program to work on-site with their research team for 6 months or longer.
Day to day activities will include research planning, sessions, and data analysis to benefit the design and delivery of large software platforms over several release cycles. As part of the role, they will be involved with research with customers and other individuals, working alongside experienced researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- M.A./M.S. in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior, research or related program
- 2+ years of relevant work/academic experience, including experience integrating user research into design and product development lifecycle
- Ability to learn quickly in a technical space
- Must understand user experience design principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, with a specific understanding of iterative design and usability testing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Eager to develop professionally.
- Persuasive communication that is grounded in data
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with networking and developer space
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous work creating screeners and research plans for external recruiters is a plus
- Proficiency with several user research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative) and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge in interface design and ability to collaborate with different stakeholder teams such as Eng and PM
- Leadership, communication, and organizational skills