- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Meghan Healy
Our Leading Apparel Client is looking for a Buyer/ Purchasing Agent!
• The Buyer help develops, executes, and communicates merchandise assortment plans, financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of the departments.
• Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan as well as recap in-season sales on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Identify risks and opportunities to business and recommend strategies to achieve financial goals.
• Hindsight businesses quarterly and share with global merchandising team as well as JHQ to influence future product offering and buys.
Product and Site Management:
• Initiate and own end-to-end seasonal photo planning processes. Align with global online merchandising team on key messages and create market appropriate exclusive messages in partnership with marketing team, Buying Manager, and Buying Director.
• Ensure exclusive messages are driving both channels (online and stores) for Japan.
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level to manage in-season opportunities or risks.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Able to learn and understand Japanese consumers aesthetics in order to create market appropriate product offerings and sorts at market appropriate timing.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Global IM, Market Planning, Production, Marketing, Creative, JHQ, GOL, and Global Merchants) and able to influence them to achieve results.
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best-practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Strong organization skill and able to create processes when surrounded by ambiguity.
• Partner with Manager in developing performance and individual career goals.
• Prioritize and set expectations around key deliverables with cross-functional team and peers.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 2-3 years experience as an Inventory Analyst, Assistant Merchandiser or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience
• Strong financial and analytical skills are must.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Able to negotiate with and influence peers and members of cross-functional team
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Customer oriented.
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.