Our large financial services client located in Warwick, RI is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist for a 3 month contract assignment - maternity leave coverage onsite, full-time
• Under minimal supervision, research, compose, and produce simple to moderately complex written customer communications/correspondence. May also create/edit flyers, postcards, reference guides for our National Account customers.
• Partner with internal stakeholders (lines of business) to ensure that communications meet business needs while conforming with our corporate layout, standards and approved content.
• Formulate key messages in a concise, meaningful and effective method using the most appropriate format.
• Must take the initiative and provide guidance and advice to internal customers.
• May assist with the creation and production of department-wide internal communications including newsletters, news and feature articles, e-mails, etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• Effective Time Management Skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks, set schedules and priorities to meet both internal and external deadlines.
• Demonstrated technical excellence in writing and editing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and computer skills
• Must have sound business judgement
• Must be dependable, organized and able to meet deadlines.
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, Marketing, or related discipline.
• Computer Skills required include an excellent working knowledge and use of the full suite of Microsoft Office Products, SharePoint and Outlook.