This global coffee company based out of Seattle, WA is looking for a a store designer to create a unique store design that promote brand identity and enhance the in store experience for the consumer. The process is inclusive of all phases of design from schematic through construction documents and administration while honoring budget, schedule and operational requirements.
Models and acts in accordance with this brands guiding principles.
• This team sits under the Licensed Stores org
• Will be in the grocery realm
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Executes Design strategy in design of this brands stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
• Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
• Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
• Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
• Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
• Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
• Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
• Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams.
• Mentors other more junior designers.
Summary of Experience
• CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software (5-7 years)
• Project management experience (1 year)
• Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents (5-7 years)
• Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants (5-7 years)
• Bachelor’s degree required in related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
• Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
• Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
• Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
• Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
• Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawings
• Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
• Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations
• Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
TOP 3 SKILLS:
1 Experience in the design world – looking for seasoned individuals
2 Must be able to work with competing priorities
3 Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities