- This is for a potential upcoming temporary opportunity
- A review of portfolio work is required, with an emphasis on problem-solution strategies
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, Sponsorship is not available
Our Fortune 500 Broadcast Media Client is looking for a User Experience Architect to lead the analysis, design and documentation of the user experience for new products and evolving platform for our Blended Learning Products and Services in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate will experience utilizing instructional design principles as well as employ a user-centered methodology to support K-12 teachers in delivering student learning outcomes. Emphasis will be on Design Thinking model of first clearly understanding the problem and then utilizing lean UX techniques to develop rapid prototypes of potential solutions in collaboration with cross- functional peers. If selected you would be part of an Agile SCRUM team delivering ongoing improvements as well as new tools and products.
- Design compelling evidence-based K-12 learning experiences optimized to build learning competency and support teacher management and student engagement within blended learning environments
- Build strong partnerships across disciplines (e.g. Curriculum, Engineering, etc.) to build a common product vision and release strategy in conjunction with the Product Owners/Project Managers.
- Develop prioritization frameworks to aid the stakeholders to make tradeoffs based on logical groupings and the critical pains / gains of end users and business opportunities
- Prototype suite of features/functionality based upon input from customer research, competitive analysis, business drivers and technical constraints and opportunities
- Employ user experience methods such as user personas development, user experience workflow design, customer journeys, story mapping, user task analysis, site maps, to define site functionality, navigation and interaction paradigms, with focus on ease-of-use and deepening customer engagement
- Coordinate with research to arrive at user testing plan and synthesize user research data into actionable set of recommendations (develop user testing scripts, conduct user testing, as needed)
- Develop detailed UX specifications including annotations describing logic, error conditions and other rules relevant to the user experience
- Leverage a set of predefined design standards (dropdowns, buttons, navigation menus) and work with the interaction designer to develop new standards as needed
- Work collaboratively to develop behavior KPIs and track measurement utilizing Google Analytics or equivalent
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Planning, presentation and consensus building skills
- Detail oriented, highly inquisitive and steady nature
Track Record of Creating:
- Clear actionable business requirements (in form of user stories, acceptance criteria and prototypes)
- Presentations which demonstrate the business advantage and customer value of proposed phased progressive release
- Cohesive organization systems that support end-users tasks/goals (as demonstrated by clickable wireframes, user flow charts, etc.)
- Active listening techniques, setting clear expectations and follow through, building trust with stakeholders and developers
- Dynamic content management data-base driven mobile first pages
- Search engines, personalization engines, learning analytics & assessments and community tools
- Agile/Lean product development process
- 3-5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: information architecture, human- computer interaction, engagement strategy, project management, SCRUM Master, and business analysis
- BA or MA in related field required such as Business, Computer Science, Library Science, UI Design, HCI, UX, etc.
- Axure, Sketch, Invision or other interactive prototyping software
- Jira or other Agile ticketing system
- Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite or other document, presentation, spreadsheet software