- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Aquent is currently seeking a Print Production Consultant for a client request. The Production Consultant is responsible for the external scheduling of print production work for the Creative Department. The Consultant manages jobs for the department and assigns a step-by-step schedule for completion of jobs, assigning external vendor, coordinating movement of jobs from the department to the external vendor, and communicating with internal stakeholders during the production process.
The ideal candidate for this role relies on their expertise to plan and accomplish goals by collaborating and directing the work of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align client goals with printing best practices and stay current on print production trends.
- Develop, manage and deliver project estimates, timelines, and deliverables.
- Participates in, and leads, when appropriate, weekly status meetings.
- Provide consultative services with internal team to identify clients’ needs.
- Notifies Director, Marketing Production when necessary and contacts clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Reviews daily work schedule with various stakeholders.
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to stakeholders.
- Selects vendors for all jobs, based on quality control, budget, timing, etc.
- Oversees quality control.
- Deals with vendors on deliveries, scheduling, etc. Maintain and grow strong vendor partnerships.
- Approves invoices for payment; solving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain a library of all collateral, keep team aware of projects so they can leverage prior work.
- Coordinates schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines.
- Maintains online folders of all approved materials for the company.
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and team members for all completed jobs.
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions.
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Desired Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 4 years of Print Production Management experience, preferably within a corporate environment, or vendor side working with corporate clients
- Detailed, project management skills
- Excellent written and editing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working with data, including pricing analysis, vendor bid comparisons, production quotes, production schedules, and product timelines.
- Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management throughout the company
- Ability to work, interact and effectively communicate within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and other software applications
- Utilize project management software
- Demonstrated ability and experience with making sound decisions based on data available
- Ability to work in a highly professional business environment
- Bachelor's Degree
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start.