Location: New York
Our client seeks an Freelance Graphic Designer/Animator to produce creative, visually compelling graphics to support daily financial editorial content.
· Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for daily still graphics such as charts, maps, social media fullscreens, promos, logos, and other custom topical images based on the needs of each show
· Cut out and color correct headshots
· Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and infographics
· Create visually appealing segment animations, transitions and set designs for live broadcast programs
· Create logos and custom elements for daily editorial show segments, business-oriented events and sponsored web segments
· Work with graphics production group and managers to determine the best way to tell each story
· Candidate must thrive in a live news environment with a heavy workload and tight deadlines
· Proven experience using Photoshop and Illustrator for broadcast design; portfolio required for consideration. Must be proficient using this software on Mac platforms.
· Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established design standards
· Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills to keep on deadline without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work
· Positive attitude: must be open to receiving assignments and feedback from team members at all levels while staying cool under pressure
· Knowledge of Photoshop CC, After Effects, Cinema 4D and other industry technology. Familiarity with Ross Xpression/Streamline a plus.
Additional Job Requirements:
· Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
· Must be willing to work in New York, NY