The Staff Market Researcher will exhibit a deep understanding of market research principles. They will have great analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with UX Research, Designers, and key business partners, always making sure to surface key landscape trends impacting consumers and the industry.
Work that the Staff Market Researcher will be doing:
• High proficiency in qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies including online quant surveys and statistical analysis, focus groups, in-home studies, etc.
• Stay current on all relevant industry, consumer, business, and technology trends.
• Identify and contextualize new trends (user and business specific) relevant to the video and broadband landscapes.
• Create compelling, actionable POVs based on all sources of research and insights; POVs should lead to experience explorations and evaluations and/or innovation projects.
• Become a SME on macro and micro trends (user and business specific) and how they might impact the business.
• Report and present insightful findings with actionable recommendations to key partners (design, product, dev, innovation lab and marketing).
• 3+ years of experience in the market research/consumer insights field
• A bachelor's degree in one of the following: marketing, market research, statistics, computer science, math, social sciences, business administration, economics, cognitive science, communications, or other related fields
• Strong statistical analysis skills
• Individual must have a passion for data and be able to interpret relevant trends and leverage that information to educate the team and key business partners for maximum understanding and application to the business strategy
• Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative insights from a variety of methods into coherent and actionable POVs
• Experience with researching market/consumer trends across a variety of resources: industry reports, websites, articles, and blogs, and other reputable sources
• Quantitative market research skills
• Strong business mindset and background
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills